Call us to switch for free!
Available Monday to Friday from 9am until 6pm
|Client Email||[email protected]|
|Client Number||0300 30 30 635|
|Log in||Log into your Bulb account here|
|Number of clients||1.5 million|
Last modified the August 4, 2020
Is Bulb the right energy supplier for me?
Who are Bulb?
What makes them different?
- Bulb’s premise is simple: they want to provide simpler, cheaper and greener energy to their customers. ✅
- Bulb have one tariff for everyone, so it’s quick and easy to switch over. 🥇
- By investing in cheaper energy, they are able to offer affordable deals to their customers. 💰
- They provide 100% renewable electricity and 100% renewable gas. 🌱
Who do they support?
Bulb is committed to fighting the climate crisis. That’s why in 2019, the Bulb foundation was created. It seeks to tackle climate change and support those who have been affected by it by funding environmental projects. £2 is donated to the Bulb Foundation each time a new member joins the Bulb community by switching over.
Bulb Tariffs, Plans and Offers 💡
What are BULB’s electricity, gas and dual energy plans?
- Bulb have one tariff for everyone for £890.
- It’s one of the cheapest on the market, and it is 100% renewable.
- Their ‘vari-fair’ tariff reflects the true market cost of energy as it fluctuates with market prices.
- Bulb will give you 30 days notice if market prices have increased.
- There are no exit fees.
Do BULB have business energy deals?
- Bulb’s business energy plan provides.
- 100% renewable energy.
- No exit fees.
- 10% cheaper tariffs than other business plans on the market.
- Flexible tariff that reflects market fluctuations. You will get a 30 day warning before your bill is increased, however.
What is Bulb’s best plan? 📝
There is no best plan from any supplier. If we think Bulb’s tariff is the best for you, we will switch you over after you have given us some information about your energy habits. Give us a ring and we can talk you through your options to ensure that you’re not losing out on energy.
Do Bulb offer a boiler service?
While Bulb do not offer a boiler service to their customers, they are participant in a scheme called the Energy Company Obligation (ECO), through which they support projects to help energy saving in low-income and vulnerable households. One of these projects is boiler installation. Visit their website to find out more information about this project.
Visit their website to find out more information about their tariffs and plans: https://bulb.co.uk/
What do their customers say?
According to over 56,000 reviews on TrustPilot, Bulb was rated 4.8/5 for the service they provide. 88% of reviews deemed the service ‘excellent’, whereas only 3% considered it ‘bad’.
Fuel mix & renewable energy 🌱
Where do Bulb get their energy from?
- Bulb are 100% renewable.
- Their electricity and gas comes from renewable sources such as wind, solar and hydro.
- Bulb buy their energy from generators around the UK who are creating energy in innovative and green ways.
Do Bulb have a renewable energy plan?
For every unit of energy used with Bulb, another goes back into the grid from a renewable source. Also, their gas is 100% carbon neutral as they offset carbon emissions from their gas supply by investing in environmental projects around the world.
⚡Does BULB offer Dual Fuel?
Yes! In fact, Bulb have stated that you could even save money by opting for a dual fuel plan.
🔁 How can I switch to Bulb?
It's quick and easy. Give Switch-plan a ring on ########. Just give us some basic information, and we will compare prices for you and sort out the rest.
💰 How can I top up my Bulb prepaid meter?
You can top up your prepayment smart meter on the Bulb website by accessing your account at https://www.britishgas.co.uk/identity/. Alternatively, you can visit a Payzone (supermarkets, newsagents and garages).
⏱️ Will Bulb equip my home with a smart meter?
Yes. When Bulb install your smart meter, they will also install an In-Home Display, meaning you can track information from your smart meters and see just how much energy you are using.
Updated on 4 Aug, 2020