Call us to switch for free!
Available Monday to Friday from 9am until 6pm
|Contact Number||0330 303 5063|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Log in||Log into your OVO Energy account here|
|Number of clients||680,000|
Last modified the August 4, 2020
Is OVO Energy the right energy supplier for me?
Who are OVO Energy?
- They have provided energy to over a million customers since 2009
- Their main aim is to tackle the climate crisis through green home energy usage
- They are committed to decarbonising their energy by 2030
Who do they support?
The OVO Foundation is OVO Energy’s charitable initiative that invests in developing projects around the world that advocate for green energy. Their main objective is to give young people a sustainable future.
OVO Energy is also concerned with tackling the climate crisis and has planted over 1 million trees across the UK in their efforts to decarbonise energy.
OVO Energy Tariffs, Plans and Offers 📝
What are OVO Energy’ electricity, gas and dual energy plans?
- OVO Energy offers 4 simple plans that all aim to provide you with efficient and green energy
- They also offer generous interest rates and savings on your energy bills
- All their plans come with 50% renewable electricity and can be upgraded to 100% with the Green Energy Upgrade
What is OVO Energy’ cheapest tariff?
OVO Energy’s lowest rate plan for new members is their Better Energy plan that can save you up to £145 on your energy plan.
Do OVO Energy have business energy deals?
OVO Energy no longer supplies business energy tariffs.
What is OVO Energy’ best plan?
There is no best plan from any supplier. The best plan for you depends on your specific energy needs, as well as the market position of energy suppliers, as prices tend to fluctuate. Give us a ring and we can talk you through your options to ensure that you’re not losing out on energy.
Do OVO Energy have a boiler service?
With CORGIHomeHeat, OVO members can get a new boiler installed by registered engineers, as well as a free smart thermostat.
OVO’s Boiler and Home Emergency cover starts from £5 a month and makes sure that your boiler is working efficiently and properly. You can find out more information on their website: https://www.ovoenergy.com/
What do their customers say?
According to over 37,000 reviews on TrustPilot, OVO Energy was voted 4.2/5 in terms of customer satisfaction. 66% of reviews deemed the service to be ‘excellent’ whereas 11% deemed it ‘bad’.
Fuel mix & renewable energy 🌱
Where do OVO Energy get their energy from?
OVO electricity comes from renewable sources and natural gas having totally removed coal and nuclear from their fuel mix. Instead of generating their own power, OVO energy buy gas and electricity from the energy market and sell it on to their customers.
Do OVO Energy have a renewable energy plan?
- With OVO, you can ‘go green’ for £5 extra a month, meaning that your standard 50% renewable electricity will be upgraded to 100%.
- Whether you are on a fixed or variable plan, you can upgrade and do your bit for the environment. OVO will also plant 5 trees on your behalf!
- The same plan applies to upgrading to green gas, as well.
- OVO Energy launched a campaign called Plan Zero, through which they aim to tackle the climate crisis through investing in people and power. They want to empower people to lead sustainable lives through green and affordable energy.
- Through aiming to totally decarbonise their energy by 2030, they are calling for greater action towards tackling the climate crisis. 🌱
⚡ Does OVO Energy offer Dual Fuel?
Yes! OVO Energy offers dual fuel tariffs for both fixed and variable energy plans.
🔁 How can I switch to OVO Energy?
It's quick and easy. Give Switch-plan a ring on 0330 054 0010. We will compare plans based on your energy needs and switch you over to the one which is right for you.
💰 How can I top up my OVO Energy prepaid meter?
Download the OVO PAYG+ app to top up whenever and wherever. Or, you can take your card to any PayPoint, PayZone or Post Office and top it up there.
⏱️ Will OVO equip my home with a smart meter?
Yes. You can get one fitted free of charge. Visit OVO's website to book an appointment to get your smart meter installed. With a smart meter, you can track how much energy you are using in real time in order to make small, daily changes to ensure you are consuming efficiently.
Updated on 4 Aug, 2020